AutorNachricht
Brig
Admin
Admin

BeitragThema: Infos und Berichte rund um H50    Mi Mai 25, 2016 7:31 am

von Love » 24. Feb 2015 13:17
8 reasons to binge 'Hawaii Five-0' when it arrives on Netflix

by Samantha Swank, Feb 23, 2015 | 10:30AM

Why is Feb. 24 going to be a beautiful day? Because that is the day that Hawaii Five-0 is coming to Netflix. That’s right: The first four seasons of the 2010 reboot will be available for instant streaming starting this Tuesday. As the Hawaii Five-0 recapper for the EW Community (and just generally a huge fangirl), I feel it is my responsibility to encourage you to take this opportunity to catch up.

For the uninformed, Hawaii Five-0 is about a task force in Hawaii that has full immunity and means to take on the islands’ toughest cases. The core four of the team consists of Steve McGarrett (Alex O’Loughlin), Danny Williams (Scott Caan), Chin Ho Kelly (Daniel Dae Kim), and Kono Kalakaua (Grace Park), with a smattering of new team and cast members coming and going over the last five years.

“But isn’t this just another procedural?” you may ask. “Why should I watch this when House of Cards is coming back on next weekend?” First of all, don’t be a Netflix snob. (I’m totally kidding. I’m sure Kevin Spacey is great. Don’t hate me.) Second of all, procedurals are fun! And besides, there’s plenty of Netflix to go around.

So below, please find my top eight reasons to make Hawaii Five-0 your next Netflix binge.

1) It’s February, and the show takes place in Hawaii.

In case you haven’t been outside in a while, you may not have noticed that it’s cold. Like, really cold. This should be expected since it’s currently winter, but geez. It’s literally freezing in most of the country. So to escape those below-zero windchills, take a trip to Hawaii—or at least pretend to. Hawaii Five-0 obviously takes place in the titular state, with perfect, beautiful weather, so beach shots and sunshine abound in every episode. You’re cold, but your TV doesn’t have to be.

Kono Kalakaua on Hawaii Five-0

2) Everyone is hot.

The weather isn’t the only thing that’s hot on this show. Look at this cast! They’re beautiful, each and every one of them. (I know this is a totally superficial reason to watch something, but it sure doesn’t hurt.)

Cast of Hawaii Five-0

3) The wardrobe is amazing.

Everyone always looks so good on Hawaii Five-0. (Not all of these reasons are looks-based, I swear.) Everyone loves a man in a uniform, and occasionally Steve will bust out his old Navy gear, which is always a treat. Chin has never found a Hawaiian shirt he didn’t like, and Max has never found a Keanu Reeves character he couldn’t turn into an A+ Halloween costume.

Plus, there’s always lots of bikinis, swimsuits, and occasionally, slinky dresses and slick tuxes during undercover work. There’s even an entire Tumblr blog dedicated to Steve’s white pants. Basically, their wardrobe department deserves a raise. They are a gift each and every episode.

The men of Hawaii Five-0

4) The cast is great.

Besides being, like, ridiculously attractive, the whole cast is super-talented. Alex O’Loughlin was due a win after his two short-lived CBS series, Moonlight (amazing) and Three Rivers (eh). Scott Caan (of Ocean’s 11 fame) plays a grumpy single dad so, so well; but buddy, when they let Scott really act (like in the 9/11-inspired episode “I Ka Wa Mamua,” in season three), he knocks it out of the park.

Daniel Dae Kim jumped from one island-themed show (Lost) to the other, and along with Grace Park (Battlestar Gallactica), they brought their dedicated cult-show fans with them. They are so much fun playing cousins and partners.

Add in the supporting cast including Masi Oka (Heroes), Chi McBride (Pushing Daisies), and Jorge Garcia (Lost again), and you have a show chock-full of super-talented individuals who form an awesome ohana on- and off-screen.

Masi Oka and Daniel Dae Kim behind the scenes of Hawaii Five-0

5) There are lots of awesome (and hilarious) guest stars.

If you are a singer or rapper who wants to try his hand at acting, then Hawaii Five-0 is the show for you! The show has featured Nick Jonas, Xzibit, the guy from Train, Puff Daddy P. Diddy Diddy, Jimmy Buffett, and more.

It’s also a great place for athletes and models to cameo, including Eric Dickerson, Arian Foster, Michelle Wie, and Behati Prinsloo. Plus, there’s always an influx of Lost alumni, like Terry O’Quinn, Rebecca Mader, Henry Ian Cusick, and more.

And then there’s just plain awesome guest stars like James Caan (Scott’s dad), Carol Burnett, Melanie Griffith, and Christine Lahti.

Nick Jonas on Hawaii Five-0

6) Action, action, shootouts, action!

Seeing as this is a show about a task force with full immunity, we get at least one full-tac-gear, no-holds-barred shootout each episode (and sometimes more than one). No one is saying the police procedure is entirely legit on H50, but it sure puts some action movies to shame.

Steve hanging from a helicopter on Hawaii Five-0

Besides a lot of gunplay and the occasional explosion, we also get lots of car chases. And surfboard chases. And helicopter chases. Basically, if it’s a vehicle of any kind, someone in Five-0 has chased a perp via it.

(Check out some of the best action scenes in the first couple of seasons in the video below.)

7) McDanno’s bromance and shipability

Steve McGarrett and Danny “Danno” Williams make “McDanno,” and these partners have the best bromance on television. Steve was uncle to Danny’s daughter, Grace, almost immediately after the men met. They cohabitated for a while in season two when Danny was between apartments, and Steve drives Danny’s car more than Danny does. In season four, the partners exchanged their first “I love yous” after a near-death experience. Hugs, deep conversations, and saving each other happen often.

McDanno hug

And McDanno is a gift for shippers everywhere (including me). The boys regularly call each other “babe” and exchange lingering glances and gratuitous touching. They’ve been asked multiple times how long they’ve been married—and did I mention the “I love yous”? Plus, they’ve watched a baby together, which launched a thousand fan fics.

Steve, Danny, and baby on Hawaii Five-0

8) The theme song is super-catchy.

If you’re going to watch multiple episodes of a show in a row, it’s always a plus when the theme song is fun. Take a listen to the extended version in the video below, featuring some of the best moments of the first four seasons.

Happy bingeing!

Hawaii Five-0airs Fridays at 9/8C on CBS.

http://community.ew.com/2015/02/23/hawa ... n-netflix/
Nach oben Nach unten
Brig
Admin
Admin

BeitragThema: Re: Infos und Berichte rund um H50    Mi Mai 25, 2016 7:31 am

Der Artikel ist zwar von 2011, ist aber toll geschrieben:

Hawaiian Punch, television’s coolest squad "Hawaii Five -0" has never been hotter. By: Hudson Morgan CBS Watch Magazine (April 2011)

At first, it seems like just another perfect day in Honolulu: wind rustling the palm trees, waves lapping against the shore of Fisherman’s Wharf, ceaseless blue sky overhead. Then, out of nowhere: “Fire in the hole!” And a moment later, a car on the pier explodes in a huge fireball, sending black smoke billowing upward and frightened tourists running for cover. Trouble in paradise!

Welcome to the set of Hawaii Five-0, CBS’ hit reboot about attractive cops in an attractive place solving unattractive crimes. Whether it’s car bombs or corruption, terrorism or treason, the guys and gal of Five-0—ex-Navy SEAL Steve McGarrett (Alex O’Loughlin), New Jersey transplant Danny “Danno” Williams (Scott Caan), local detective Chin Ho Kelly (Daniel Dae Kim) and rookie Kono Kalakaua (Grace Park)—bend the rules to break a case every week. And break a few records, too: With an average of 13 million viewers per episode, Hawaii Five-0 is the highest-rated new drama on TV and the most-DVR’ed show of the season.

“I THINK WE HAVE something going for us because we’re shooting in Hawaii, and there’s something about this place that’s eternal,” says Kim. “In the dead of winter, people will always want to see a beautiful location with good-looking people in bikinis. Every episode is like a postcard.” Of course, it isn’t just location, location, location. “We’re in a genre that people are familiar with—the procedural cop show—but we’ve got a combination of good stories, comedy and interesting characters.”

Not like there was any, uh, pressure for the show to succeed. The pilot only cost millions of dollars, Star Trekkies Alex Kurtzman and Roberto Orci are executive producers, and the legacy of a treasured franchise hangs in the balance. “I just ignored it,” O’Loughlin says of the sky-high expectations, reverting to his very un-McGarrett Aussie accent. “Our studio execs are really good, we have awesome producers and we’ve got a team of strong people. So the end product is, within the parameters of network TV, really good.”
Given that the road to primetime supremacy is paved with failed remakes (see Rider, Knight), the trick was to do not so much a redo as a reinvention. Which meant casting, from scratch, a team that clicked right away. A team with chemistry—easier said than done.
So producers found four actors from four different places—O’Loughlin from Three Rivers and The Backup Plan, Caan from Entourage and Ocean’s 11, Kim from Lost and Park from Battlestar Galactica—which neatly paralleled the premise of the pilot: a fearsome foursome of do-gooders who unite to keep Hawaii safe. O’Loughlin would bring the brawn, Caan the banter, Kim the brains, Park the body. Add water and sand, and—boom!—the show became greater than the sum of its parts.
Perhaps the most gun-shy about doing it was O’Loughlin, who’s already been on two canceled CBS shows (the aforementioned Three Rivers and 2007’s vampire drama Moonlight). Only after meeting Kurtzman, pilot director Len Wiseman and executive producer Peter Lenkov did O’Loughlin decide to don his Five-0 police badge. Then came the task of finding his Danno.

O’Loughlin read with a whole raft of actors—“a lot of really amazing, really well-known guys”—and still found himself flying to the Pacific Rim without having met his new co-star. “All of a sudden we were here in Hawaii, at the table read for the pilot, and they’re like, ‘Oh, this is Scott,’ ” O’Loughlin recalls. “And I was like, ‘Uh, hi, Scott.’ He’d just landed, and we got in the van and drove to the table read. He was texting his new girlfriend at the time, and I was like, ‘Really?’ ” O’Loughlin chuckles at the memory of it. “But I realized in that moment that, OK, this is cool. We just riffed. The bromance began.”

The buddy cop rat-a-tat between McGarrett and Danno is one of the things that makes the show fun to watch, and it carries on between takes, when they like to cover their mics and—safely out of earshot—natter like frat boys. Here’s one of the (printable) exchanges:

Caan: [Sniffs, pinches the bridge of his nose.]
O’Loughlin: You sick?
Caan: No.
O’Loughlin: Don’t be sick.
Caan: I’m not sick! I have, like, nonstop throat issues.
O’Loughlin: Do you gargle sea salt? Kills bacteria.
Caan: [Loudly] Oh, can someone please get me hot water with salt in it? No, I’m kidding. Please don’t.

Caan and O’Loughlin also hang out off set—until they get sick of each other, anyway—and bond over training, mixed martial arts and surfing (duh). “You know: gardening, macramé, book clubs, that kind of stuff,” jokes O’Loughlin.

Park and Kim, on the other hand, prefer finding tasty restaurants to tasty waves. But from time to time, all four of them will grab a bite together “off campus.” While we won’t say what O’Loughlin likes to tease Caan about, he enjoys gently ribbing Kim about his large hair and Park about being a diva. “And they give me crap about everything ’cause I’m impossible to work with,” says O’Loughlin. The four Five-0-ers even live right near each other in Honolulu—not that photographers bother to lurk. Local paparazzi, perhaps aware of how much money the show pumps into the Hawaiian economy, are “not nearly as bad as in L.A.,” says Caan. “It’s mellow.”
For such a laid-back island, the vibe on set is all business, all the time. For a simple shot of extras running from the car bomb on the wharf, the director does four or five takes to nail it. On any given day, the cast and crew will wake up at 5 a.m., and they all log up to 80-hour workweeks without batting an eye. Call it … Hawaii Eight-0?

To keep things light during those long days, Caan brings his dog to set (a 4-year-old blue heeler border collie named Dot), Kim tweets on his iPad and O’Loughlin hams it up. While shooting a soundstage scene in his Chevy Silverado later in the day, he spontaneously breaks into song and honks in rhythm: “Every time you goooooo / To the place that we knowwwwww … Beep, beep!” Park, for her part, likes to tease members of the crew. When four crew dudes move a tent to shield us from the sun at Fisherman’s Wharf and proceed to stand there, holding it in place, she crosses her arms and declares mock-seriously, “I’m still waiting for you guys to take your shirts off.”

The show is dead serious, however, about safety—and authenticity. Five-0’s military technical advisor is an ex-Navy SEAL, and O’Loughlin did weapons training with a team of SEALs to prep for the part of Lt. Cmdr. McGarrett. “I ducked and weaved the hazing,” says O’Loughlin, “but I’m sure they can’t wait to do it: ‘That McGarrett, he’s a [wuss].’ Which I am, by the way. I’m an actor!” That said, O’Loughlin is willing to do as many stunts as they let him. For one of the high-octane dirt biking scenes, crew members handed him the fastest Honda they had and a pair of sunglasses, and told him to do his worst. “It was incredible,” he says.

Caan, who hurt his knee early on in the production, has no interest in such shenanigans: He spent most of his 20s making bad decisions in the pursuit of a good time. “I’ve done so many stupid things in my life that at this point, if I don’t have to risk getting hurt, I won’t,” he says, smirking. “I’ve fallen off horses, motorcycles, cliffs, skateboards, surfboards, busted my head open, and gotten stitches and surgeries all over my body. They don’t pay me enough to hurt myself on this show.”

O’Loughlin may be the natural leader, on screen and off, but it’s Caan—with his wisecracks and desert-dry sense of ennui—who snagged a Golden Globe nomination for best supporting actor. Unsurprisingly, he shrugs off any label of breakout star. “I’m just trying to have fun,” he says. “It’s a nice thing when people say nice things about you. … I didn’t realize I was insecure until I turned 30. I always thought I was the [bomb], and then I turned 30 and I’m like, ‘Wait a minute, I’ve got all kinds of fears and insecurities.’ So, it’s a nice thing.”
As for any romance between Danno and Kono, it’s more likely to snow in Waikiki. “I killed that idea early on,” laughs Park. “It’s good to drop a couple hints and then go nowhere with it. The tension is what’s interesting— we learned that from [The X-Files’] Scully and Mulder.”

Instead, writers toyed with the notion of hanky-panky between one team member and another’s ex. One early but scuttled idea: “What if McGarrett hooks up with Danny’s ex-wife and didn’t know who she was?” says Park. “That would be so awkward!”

There’s also plenty of potential in the new blood coming on the show: Larisa Oleynik (10 Things I Hate About You) will play a recurring role as an ex-CIA operative who helps McGarrett chase his nemesis. Not to mention the steady parade of guest stars. To its credit, Hawaii Five-0 has managed—without veering into cheap stunt-cast territory—to book some buzzy cameos so far (Dane Cook? Check. Nick Lachey? Check. Diddy? Check … to see what his name is first). “What do we call him?” asks O’Loughlin of the rap mogul’s upcoming appearance. “P? Sean? Puff? Diddly Doo Doo?”

Nicknames aside, Park digs the chance to meet guest stars in the flesh. “We all have stereotypes about other people that we hear in the press or we know of and it’s great to meet them and be like, ‘That guy’s awesome’ or ‘She’s down to earth’ or ‘I can’t breathe, their ego is filling the room.’ ” She smiles. “There hasn’t been anyone like that … yet.”

Maybe next year. Now that the show’s been unofficially renewed for a second season—righteous!—the cast can concentrate on wrapping Season 1 with a bang, not a whimper. “Unless they’ve been lying to me,” says O’Loughlin, “there’s going to be some awesome twists and a fracture and deconstruction of the team, which is really interesting. That level of conflict when we come back for Season 2 is going to be great.”

Of course, for all the show’s sin, skin and movielike production values, future generations might very well marvel at its early millennium-ness—just as we do now about the retrotastic look of the original series. “In 20 or 30 years,” laughs Kim, “people will watch this show and go, ‘Wowww, can you believe that?’”

gefunden bei https://www.facebook.com/AOlMcPervWorld?fref=nf
Nach oben Nach unten
Brig
Admin
Admin

BeitragThema: Re: Infos und Berichte rund um H50    Mi Mai 25, 2016 7:32 am

Also, ich denke, Staffel 6 wird tatsächlich kommen :708672gi90:

Credit: @PLenkov on IG "Still strong"

gefunden bei https://www.facebook.com/AOlMcPervWorld?fref=photo
Nach oben Nach unten
Brig
Admin
Admin

BeitragThema: Re: Infos und Berichte rund um H50    Mi Mai 25, 2016 7:33 am

von Love » 19. Apr 2015 10:41
Und noch ein weiterer Hinweis, das es aller wahrscheinlichkeit nach eine 6te Staffel geben wird.

http://www.honolulupulse.com/2015/04/ou ... th-season/

Wichtig in diesem Artikel ist folgender Abschnitt:

>>Dawn said the show’s department heads are planning on production resuming in July, as it has each previous season, by making budgets, talking about script details and scouting locations. There are other indications “Five-0” will return: They’ve left gear behind and held on to rental homes, he said.<<

Im groben übersetzt: Planungen um die Dreharbeiten im Juli wieder aufzunehmen laufen. Ebenso wie Budgetpölanungen, Besprechungen über Drehbuchdetails und das suchen nach neuen Drehorten. Außerdem was ganz wichtig ist: Sie haben ihre Ausrüstung vor Ort gelassen und auch ihre gemieteten Häuser behalten.

Würde man ja alles nicht machen wenn jetzt schluss wäre.
Nach oben Nach unten
Brig
Admin
Admin

BeitragThema: Re: Infos und Berichte rund um H50    Mi Mai 25, 2016 7:33 am

von Brig » 3. Mai 2015 15:59
Bei tvwise.co.uk gefunden:

This time every year it’s the same routine over at CBS as the network more or less goes into lockdown with very little word slipping out at what pilots are looking good for series pick ups. But things have not been so quite when it comes to their current crop of shows. The network has already renewed 2 Broke Girls, The Big Bang Theory, Madam Secretary, Mike & Molly, Mom, NCIS: New Orleans and Scorpion; and cancelled The McCarthys and The Millers. (Both Two And A Half Men and The Mentalist have already finished airing their final seasons). Blue Bloods, Hawaii Five-0, Criminal Minds, Elementary, NCIS, NCIS: Los Angeles and Person Of Interest are all set for renewals. The Good Wife is guaranteed a seventh and final season and while the size is TBD it is looking like it will be a standard 22-23 episode order. At long last, after years of struggling it would appear that Matthew Perry has shook off the curse, with his CBS series The Odd Couple, which has been a good performer this season, on track for a renewal. Both Battle Creek and Stalker are in the same boat with soft ratings. Unfortunately, the die has been cast and both will be cancelled next week, though they will finish airing their only seasons on the network. It’s good news/bad news for CBS’ lucrative CSI franchise. New spin-off CSI: Cyber, which has sold VERY well for CBS Studios International, is going to get a shot to grow its audience with a second season pick up. And in what can only be described as being a surprisingly sentimental move on the part of CBS, the network has decided to bring back CSI: Crime Scene Investigation for a shortened final season.
Nach oben Nach unten
Brig
Admin
Admin

BeitragThema: Re: Infos und Berichte rund um H50    Mi Mai 25, 2016 7:34 am

von Brig » 11. Mai 2015 20:51
ES GIBT EINE STAFFEL 6 - DEFINITV :smilieta36: :smilieta36:

Posted May 11 2015 — 2:30 PM EDT

CBS has broken its silence: The network has officially renewed nine dramas, one comedy and three of its reality series ahead of the network’s upfront presentation.

On the drama side, NCIS, The Good Wife, Criminal Minds, Blue Bloods, Hawaii Five-0, NCIS: Los Angeles, Elementary, Person of Interest and CSI: Cyber have all scored additional seasons.

Freshman comedy The Odd Couple and reality series Survivor, The Undercover Boss and The Amazing Race have also been renewed alongside 60 Minutes and 48 Hours.

Conspicuously absent from the list is CSI, which EW previously reported could end with a two-hour movie, and almost certainly will represent a series-finale order. We suspect that if a deal for CSI comes together, it might be announced at CBS’ presentation to advertisers on Wednesday.

The pickups join the previously announced renewals of Madam Secretary, NCIS: New Orleans, Scorpion, The Big Bang Theory, Mike & Molly, Mom and 2 Broke Girls. But Battle Creek, Stalker and The McCarthys weren’t so lucky, and they are now officially canceled. CBS already renewed several hits earlier this season, such as The Big Bang Theory and Scorpion.

Quelle: http://www.ew.com/article/2015/05/11/cb ... n-interest
Nach oben Nach unten
Brig
Admin
Admin

BeitragThema: Re: Infos und Berichte rund um H50    Mi Mai 25, 2016 7:34 am

Peter hat nun auch das offiziele Logo von Season 6 gepostet.

https://twitter.com/PLenkov/status/597831581160452097

Meine Meinung: Es gab schon bessere. Also mir gefällt es überhaupt nicht.
Nach oben Nach unten
Brig
Admin
Admin

BeitragThema: Re: Infos und Berichte rund um H50    Mi Mai 25, 2016 7:35 am

Hawaii Five-0 - 'The 5th Season' Announced for DVD: Box Art, Street Date, and Extras!
In the 5th season of Hawaii Five-0, McGarrett continues to try to bring closure to his father's case and closure to his mother's past, while the state's brash Five-O unit, who may spar and jest among themselves, remains determined to eliminate the seedy elements from the 50th state. 2 new full-time cast members join the beat this season: Chi McBride ("Boston Public") and Jorge Garcia ("LOST").

Season Five features an all-star array of guest appearances: Terry O'Quinn ("Lost"), Carol Burnett ("The Carol Burnett Show"), William Sadler (The Shawshank Redemption), Steven Bauer ("Ray Donovan"), Lee Tergesen ("Oz"), Natasha Henstridge (Species), William Forsythe (The Rock), Eric Roberts (The Dark Knight), Doug Savant ("Desperate Housewives"), Gavin Rossdale (lead singer of Bush), Barkhad Abdi (Captain Phillips), Michael Imperioli ("The Sopranos"), Greg Grunberg ("Heroes"), Cloris Leachman (Young Frankenstein), Randy Couture (UFC champion, The Expendables), Jon Lovitz ("Saturday Night Live"), and MORE!

CBS Home Entertainment and Paramount Home Media Distribution have today announced that on September 1st they will release Hawaii Five-0 - The 5th Season on DVD. Note that currently this title has been announced for DVD only; no Blu-ray version is indicated. Artwork for the 6-disc set can be found below, and here's the list of bonus material you can expect to find hanging ten on The 5th Season set:

Audio Commentary: Peter Lenkov, Bryan Spicer & Peter Tassler
Audio Commentary: Peter Lenkov and Larry Teng
Five-0 Music
Five-0 x 100
Directing with Daniel Dae Kim
Aloha Action! Season 5
Shorelines: Season 5
Music Videos: "Sweet Disaster" Music Video featuring Freelance Riot
Gag Reel
Deleted Scenes
Pauly Shore Podcast with Alex O'Loughlin (TBD)[/size]

Quelle: http://tvshowsondvd.com/n/21205#ixzz3dAE11Anw
Nach oben Nach unten
Brig
Admin
Admin

BeitragThema: Re: Infos und Berichte rund um H50    Mi Mai 25, 2016 7:36 am

von Brig » 24. Jun 2015 06:58
Congratulations to ‪#‎H50‬ on being one of the first shows that have been certified by "Get the 6" for ep. 5.18.
Films and shows are "6 certified" for their realistic portrayal of veterans.

Here's an article about the certification (Washington Post):

Military veterans have gotten sick of the same old story being told in pop culture: Men and women heroically go off to battle and return broken, unable to reintegrate into society.

That’s where the 6 Certification comes in. The certification program was started by veteran advocacy group Got Your 6, which decided to reward movies and television shows that accurately portray service members without falling into the pitfalls of easy stereotypes. And the inaugural list of six has a couple surprises.

One is “Modern Family.” Even avid fans of the show might forget that Ed O’Neill’s character, Jay Pritchett, is a veteran. Every once in a while he’ll mention that he was in the Navy, but otherwise, he’s just an average guy. And that’s exactly the point.

One of the things executive director Chris Marvin hopes to encourage with the certification program is normalizing our view of the military. If a character was in the military, it’s a footnote rather than the whole story.

“I think a lot of times that’s what scares off filmmakers,” he said recently.
“They think, if I want to put a veteran in here, there has to be a whole back story and a whole range of issues and a whole really complicated experience that’s within this character.”

The other selections that made the cut include “American Sniper,” the much-debated blockbuster about real-life Navy SEAL Chris Kyle, and, interestingly enough, “Dancing With the Stars.” The reality show was rewarded for including veteran and double amputee Noah Galloway as a contestant last season. Galloway “counters stereotypical portrayals of veterans as ‘charity cases,'” the group said in a release.

Rounding out the list were “Hawaii Five-O,” the low-key indie drama “Amira and Sam” and the NBC medical show “The Night Shift.”

That’s an eclectic list, which is by design. Any production company can nominate its movies or shows, and there was more interest than Marvin expected, so his team methodically whittled down the list to present to the certification committee.

“We’re pulling the ones that we think will have the biggest impact on society,” he said. “Either this is an amazing portrayal or this is a very widely distributed or widely watched show or film and lots of Americans are going to see it, so it will have a bigger difference.”

That explains how a massive movie like “American Sniper” shares space with “Amira and Sam,” a sweet romance that most people have probably never heard of.

Quelle: http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/sty ... rn-family/
Nach oben Nach unten
Brig
Admin
Admin

BeitragThema: Re: Infos und Berichte rund um H50    Mi Mai 25, 2016 7:37 am

von Kalaukia » 27. Jun 2015 20:37

Brig schrieb:
Congratulations to ‪#‎H50‬ on being one of the first shows that have been certified by "Get the 6" for ep. 5.18.
Films and shows are "6 certified" for their realistic portrayal of veterans.

Here's an article about the certification (Washington Post):

Quelle: http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/style-blog/wp/2015/06/23/which-tv-shows-most-accurately-portray-veterans-dancing-with-the-stars-and-modern-family/

Übersetzung:

Which TV shows most accurately portray veterans? ‘Dancing With the Stars’ and ‘Modern Family’

Kriegsveteranen sind es gewohnt immer wieder die gleichen alten Geschichten erzählt zu bekommen: Männer und Frauen ziehen heldenhaft in den Kampf und kehren gebrochen zurück, nicht mehr in der Lage sich in die Gesellschaft einzugliedern.

Hier kommt dann die 6 Certification ins Spiel. Das Certification Programm wurde von der Veteranen Advocacy Gruppe 6 in Gang gesetzt, welche entschieden hat Filme und TV-Serien zu zeigen, das Angehörige der Streitkräfte genau darstellt, ohne sie in die typischen Klischeevorstellungen fallen zu lassen. Und die Eröffnungsliste von Sechs hat einige Überraschungen.

Eine davon ist „Modern Family.“ Selbst begeisterter Fan der Show, könnte vergessen haben, das Ed O’Neill’s Charakter, Jay Pritchett ein Veteran ist. Gelegentlich wird immer wieder mal erwähnt, das er in der Navy war, aber ansonsten ist er nur ein durchschnittlicher Typ und das genau ist der Punkt.

Das ist eines der Dinge die sich der ausführende Regisseur Chris Marvin erhofft, das man mit dem Certification Programm unsere Anicht auf das Militär normalisiert und unterstützt. Wenn ein Charakter beim Militär war, ist es eher eine Randerscheinung als die ganze Geschichte.

„Ich denke, es ist die viele Zeit, die die Filmemacher abschreckt.“ sagt er kürzlich. „Sie denken, wenn ich einen Veteranen einsetze, muss es eine komplette Hintergrundgeschichte und eine ganze Reihe von Fragen geben und eine wirklich komplizierte Erfahrung, innerhalb dieses Charakters haben.“

Die andere Auswahl, die das einschließt ist “American Sniper,” der viel diskutierte Blockbuster über den echten Navy SEAL Chris Kyle und interessanterweise “Dancing With the Stars.“ Die Reality Show zeigt auch den Veteranen und doppelt amputierten Noah Galloway als Teilnehmer in der letzten Staffel. Galloway „widerspricht die stereotypische Darstellung der Veteranen als „Pflegefälle,“ sagte die Gruppe in einer Pressemitteilung.

Mit auf der Liste waren “Hawaii Five-O,” das einfach gehaltene Indie Drama “Amira and Sam” und die NBC Medical Show “The Night Shift.”

Das ist eine ausgewählte Liste, die entworfen wurde. Jede Produktionsgesellschaft kann seine Filme oder Shows nominieren und es gab mehr Interesse als Marvin erwartete hätte, so das sein Team die Liste methodisch durchgegangen ist, um sie dem Zertifizierungsausschuss präsentieren zu können.

Wir nehmen die, wo wir denken, das sie größten Einfluss auf die Gesellschaft haben,“ sagt er. Entweder dies ist eine erstaunliche Darstellung oder es ist sehr weit verbreitet oder häufig im Fernsehen oder im Film zu sehen und viele Amerikaner werden es sehen, das wird also einen großen Unterschied ausmachen.“

Das erklärt wie ein starker Film wie “American Sniper” sich Platz teilt mit “Amira and Sam,” einer süßen Romanze, von der die meisten Menschen wahrscheinlich noch nie gehört haben.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/style-blog/wp/2015/06/23/which-tv-shows-most-accurately-portray-veterans-dancing-with-the-stars-and-modern-family/
Nach oben Nach unten
Brig
Admin
Admin

BeitragThema: Re: Infos und Berichte rund um H50    Mi Mai 25, 2016 7:37 am

von Brig » 24. Jul 2015 19:33
CBS announces ‘Five-0′ SOTB premiere
Jul. 24, 2015 |

BY MIKE GORDON / mgordon@staradvertiser.com

For the sixth year in a row, CBS will premiere the new season of “Hawaii Five-0” with a red carpet celebration at Sunset on the Beach in Waikiki, the network announced Friday.

The Sunset on the Beach premiere will be held on Sept. 12, which is nearly two weeks before CBS debuts the sixth season on Sept. 25.

The event has become a favorite among fans who pack Queen’s Surf Beach. More than 5,000 people attended last year, including fans who traveled to Oahu from around the world.

“Five-0” executive producer Peter Lenkov said he was thrilled at the announcement.

“We never take anything for granted, not even returning for another season,” Lenkov said. “Sunset on the Beach is always a pleasant surprise, although I’d probably foot the bill myself if CBS and our great sponsors hadn’t stepped up.

“This event has turned out to be our annual family get together.”

Lenkov called the event a reward for everyone who works on the show.

“Who doesn’t love a premiere?” he said. “Getting dressed up, walking the red carpet, watching our show play out on a giant screen in front of a massive audience… It’s a wonderful reward for the long hours and hard work.”

http://www.honolulupulse.com/2015/07/h5 ... announced/
Nach oben Nach unten
Brig
Admin
Admin

BeitragThema: Re: Infos und Berichte rund um H50    Mi Mai 25, 2016 7:38 am

von Love » 4. Sep 2015 06:23
Wir haben andere Bilder davon schon im Alex Bilder Thread. Da diese hier aber wirklich explizit mit Hawaii Five-0 zutun haben, stelle ich sie mal hier ein.

Die Geschichte dazu:
Seeing Wish Kid Hannah smile on her exclusive behind-the-scenes wish trip with Hawaii Five-0 brings so much inspiration after hearing what she has been through. Hannah has endured 5 brain surgeries to rid of brain tumors and has taught herself how to walk, talk and eat all over again. We are honored that we could be a small part of her journey and give her a boost of ‪‎hope‬ ‪strength‬ and ‪#joy‬! ‪WishesMatter‬ Big thanks to the cast of Hawaii 5-0 for giving her an unforgettable experience!
https://www.facebook.com/makeawishhawaii/posts/10153573254131552

Ich finde diese Geschichte immer noch sehr anrührend und auch großartig, das dass Team von H50 ihr diesen Wunsch erfüllt hat.
Nach oben Nach unten
Brig
Admin
Admin

BeitragThema: Re: Infos und Berichte rund um H50    Mi Mai 25, 2016 7:39 am

von Love » 16. Sep 2015 07:08

Nina Tassler, langjährige Programmchefin bei CBS, wird den Sender zum Ende des Jahres verlassen.

CBS President of Entertainment, Nina Tassler, who has been a strong supporter of #H50 & a friend of Alex (according to him), will leave CBS.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/09/16/business/media/nina-tassler-cbss-head-of-entertainment-is-stepping-down.html?_r=0

Dies könnte, aus meiner Sicht, auch das Aus für Hawaii Five-0 bedeuten.
Kreuzen wir mal die Finger, das es nach der 6ten Staffel noch weitergeht. :beten:
Nach oben Nach unten
Brig
Admin
Admin

BeitragThema: Re: Infos und Berichte rund um H50    Mi Mai 25, 2016 7:40 am

von Love » 15. Okt 2015 05:58
Ein Artikel über das Catering von Five-0

What Do the Hawai‘i Five-0 Stars and Other Film Crews Eat on Set?
Three local food businesses dish out the inside scoop on feeding hungry cast and crew members shooting in Hawai‘i. Learn some do’s and don’ts of film food etiquette.

The Set

Chef Miguel Neza from Limelight Catering prepares lunch for the cast and crew of Hawai‘i Five-O. He’s been cooking for them since the show’s second season.
Photos: Aaron Yoshino

It’s my first day as Extra #56, call time 5:30 a.m. I’m raring to go, albeit in dire need of caffeine. In my bag is a humble granola bar, since breakfast wasn’t mentioned on the call sheet. But lo and behold, as soon as we check in, we are told by harried production assistants to “go to catering.”

Turns out “catering” is a huge white tent with long tables, chairs and a divine smell of made-to-order omelets. “What kind cheese? You want spinach? Portuguese sausage?” Next to the chef, a table is piled high with fresh mangoes, pineapples, cantaloupe and apples. An assortment of cereal—Cinnamon Toast Crunch, Lucky Charms, Apple Jacks—and their carbolicious friends: hot, sweet pastries, sliced bread and bagels. Granola and oatmeal are available for the health conscious. There is also POG juice, milk and, thank heavens, hot coffee.

Around 2 p.m., lunch is served: cacciatore chicken thighs, gently braised with rich red wine sauce; prime rib, freshly carved to order; a salad bar of tossed greens, pasta salad and couscous salad; homemade red velvet cake, topped with cream cheese, freshly baked cookies and brownies. Mind = blown. Where does all this food come from? And who makes it?

The Main Cast

Feeding a film’s cast and crew is a niche only for the most experienced and tenacious caterers. Miguel Neza, executive chef at Limelight Catering, has been in Hawai‘i for the past four years, cooking for Hawai‘i Five-0. His star-studded L.A. résumé includes swapping jokes in Spanish with Zach Braff on Scrubs, helping Anthony Hopkins sneak bacon from his pantry on Hitchcock and chumming it up with Sean Penn’s personal chef on Gangster Squad.

Every day, Neza and his team—two sous chefs and two assistant chefs—arrive on set in their mobile kitchens, aka trucks, by 3 a.m. or earlier. “I have to be on set at least four hours before crew call time,” says Neza. He preps for both breakfast and lunch—or, at least, preps as much as he can, for a day could always potentially go off its rocker. An actor might have food poisoning and never show up, cutting the shooting day short. The crew might break for lunch two hours ahead of schedule, or maybe there’s a second location to drive to after breakfast. “Traveling means I have to make sure there is minimum cooking and baking involved, so I might do a barbecue, something we can do on the spot,” says Neza. “And, of course, I have to consider traffic.” Don’t we all?

Cooking for the same crew means Neza has to switch up the menu daily. Mondays, the Five-0 folks get Mexican. Think tamales, enchiladas and quesadillas. Tuesdays, they eat Italian—lasagna, spaghetti and Neza’s go-to dish, osso buco. Wednesdays are Chinese days, and so on. “The Five-0 crew’s favorites are usually local foods, like rice, pork, shoyu chicken. We get them good-quality laulau and poi as much as we can,” says Neza.

The first thing to disappear from the Five-0 buffet is Limelight’s salad of the day. (Good to know, I think, for the next time I’m on set.) “They go really fast,” says Neza. “We made Chinese chicken salad today and, last week, a berry salad. The crew’s been wanting something light and refreshing because it’s been so hot.”

Camille Komine of Camille’s On Wheels made her debut during the initial Hawai‘i street food truck craze of ’11—a time we remember fondly. With a background in film-set decorating and food styling, she’s made her mark as a caterer and, after being in the film business for 30 years, she’s happy to kiss the big features and TV shows goodbye. Find her now on the sets of local independent films such as Under the Blood Red Sun, commercials for clients that include Ward Warehouse and miscellaneous food shoots.

Why the change? “Quality of life,” Komine says. The reality is, no matter what, the film industry is a hard mistress. “Once you’re in production, your personal life pretty much comes to a stop.” Another issue was the gap between Mainland and local prices. “When Big Hollywood comes to Hawai‘i, there’s a bidding process among the caterers,” Komine says. “They take our numbers and they compare them and, no matter what, we local caterers do take a hit since food costs in Hawai‘i are 25 percent higher than the average on the Mainland.”

She and her truck have long since been off the road, and her menu has evolved from “fusion tacos” to “healthy local with an eclectic twist.” She serves farm-to-table cuisine such as fresh, local fish, quinoa and salads. “I have a very intimate relationship with the local crew after spending 26 years in Hawai‘i working in film,” Komine says. “It’s like visiting my family and I want to feed them well.”

There is day-to-day catering, and then there are the special guests. The Curb is well-known already here in Hawai‘i, serving the kind of gourmet coffee Starbucks haters love. As a specialty vendor, the company gets hired on set because a generous director or an A-list actor wants to treat the entire crew to a free cup (or three) of coffee. And who can say no to an Oxymoron Chocolate—a blended, iced chocolate drink—made by Sumner Ohye?

But with great coffee comes great responsibility. “We have an espresso machine that takes 30 minutes to heat up,” says Ohye. “We need at least an hour to get there, figure out where we’re going to go, how to find and hook up power and then heat up the machine.”

He recalls a time on set for The Hunger Games: Catching Fire after he had finished setting up his truck when the scene changed and they were told to move. Then there was the time he brought the wrong cables for his generators, and the film’s electrical team had to help out. “But that’s how the film industry works. We have to be flexible, we have to be prepared. Thankfully, on set, there is a strong family vibe,” he adds.

The Curb usually provides cold drinks rather than hot—sweet, blended drinks the hard-working crew can pound down without waiting. “We also serve Intelligentsia, which has a huge footprint in L.A., so the actors and actresses from California love it,” says Ohye. He also sources coffee beans from Olympia Coffee Roasting Co., Four Barrel Coffee and Dillanos Coffee Roasters, and local Rusty’s Hawaiian and Big Island Coffee Roasters.

Ohye is thankful he has enough manpower—20 employees—to be able to keep his Kaimukī shop open while catering on film sets. His other locations include the Pan Am Building and two on campus at UH Mānoa, which means business is good.

During our down time, two crew members set up a munching area for us, with boxes of Chex mixes, arare, whole bananas, apples and dried fruits, and two large coffee dispensers, water, hot tea and fruit juice. At around noon, Spam musubi are passed around in trays between shots to tide people over until lunch.

These snacks are provided by craft services—called “crafty”—and are separate from catering. “It’s a completely different department,” says Connie Alicino, production manager. “For people who are part of the International Alliance of Theatrical Stage Employees (IATSE) labor union, it’s required for these employees to have craft services.” She adds that it’s also required for the crew to be given vegetarian, fish and meat entrée options in their meals.

The role of craft services is to provide snacks and, if necessary, walk around the set passing out bottles of water and sandwiches or musubi to crew members who are too busy to get to the craft table. They also help catering sometimes: “Sometimes I forget to bring paper towels, and I gotta go ask crafty for them,” says Neza. “Although we’re separate departments, we’re able to help each other out.”

Behind the Scenes

As production manager, Alicino’s first responsibility is to the crew. “I need to know what the crew likes to eat. If a crew is coming from the Mainland, they may be more used to the L.A. style of vegetarian and vegan food. If most of the crew are local, a caterer from the Mainland might not know to make Spam and rice. My job is to try and make everybody as happy and as comfortable as possible, within limits.”

Alicino’s worked on Big Eyes, The Last Resort and Lost, and her job, besides hiring crew and vendors, is to make sure that everything is on time and within budget.

This means the catering company has to be well-versed in the film industry. “An ideal catering vendor can see ahead, monitoring our progress throughout the day and taking proactive steps to make sure everything is efficient for us,” says Alicino.

The hiring and planning process begins up to five months before shooting begins. Is the company bonded and insured? Can it serve the size of crew? Does it have a good report from other producers in the industry? Is it in full compliance with state and federal law? “The food industry in film is a serious matter, because it’s the tangible fuel that keeps our crew
nourished and happily moving along,” says Alicino.

Once the caterer signs the contract and the deal is struck, Alicino will coordinate with the assistant directors to make sure the caterers will be set up in the right place and at the right time. “There’s a communication channel between the assistant director and all of the crew. If lunch is going to be delayed half an hour, they’ll inform catering,” she says.

The worst-case scenario happens when the caterers cause delays. “I was on a one-day shoot when a Mainland producer thought it would be nice to have some food truck from the beach make food for everyone,” recalls Alicino. That decision backfired quickly, when the chef, unfamiliar with the fast pace of a set, took five minutes per burrito for each person. By the time lunch was over, the shoot was two and a half hours behind schedule. “We had to pay overtime for everyone,” Alicino says.

At the end of the day, time is money, which is why union crew members eat first, as well as background actors who are members of the Screen Actors Guild (SAG). Both SAG and IATSE workers are required to take 30 minutes of lunch, and the timer starts when the last union member is served. If they go beyond their allotted break, they are paid overtime rates. “That’s why nothing is left to chance. Everything is planned to the last detail,” she says.

WHAT’S COOL AND WHAT’S NOT

Get the dish from experts on the proper do’s and don’ts of film food etiquette.

1. “Drivers need to eat first, because they will move or service vehicles while the crew is on lunch. When the trucks are ready to go when the crew is done eating, it decreases wait time.” —Connie Alicino, production manager

2. “You can have the world if you give me plenty of notice. Organic chia seeds? We have them.” —Camille Komine, owner of Camille’s On Wheels

3. “You’re allowed to sit wherever you’d like to eat, but it’s kind of an unspoken rule that you should be polite and courteous enough to give an actor his space during his lunch break.” —Priscilla Medeiros, second assistant director

4. “We budget and pay caterers per head count, so try not to eat more than your share. Of course, no one will stop you, but if you’re standing around the craft services table, eating all day, the casting director might take notice. It’s just an honor system.” —Alicino

5. “It’s always nice to be thanked. Being appreciative makes a huge difference.” —Sumner Ohye, owner of The Curb

[b]Follow The Money[/]

In 2014, $223 million were spent on production, bringing in a total of $93.7 million in earnings and 2,141 jobs statewide, according to the Hawai‘i Department of Business, Economic Development and Tourism and the Creative Industries Division/Hawai‘i Film Office records.

Donne Dawson, state film commissioner, says the rest of 2015 is shaping up to be a good year. “We’ll probably do as well or even better than 2014; we’ve had a couple of significant feature productions come here, with more soon to follow,” she says.

She says extending tax credit incentives beyond 2018 and maintaining production support is crucial for Hawai‘i to remain competitive in the industry. While our lush scenery, diverse architecture and population make for a great location, good looks aren’t enough. “The industry needs to know that Hawai‘i will remain stable and that we are going to continue to be strong in this game going forward,” Dawson says.

http://www.honolulumagazine.com/Honolul ... e=0#artanc
Nach oben Nach unten
Brig
Admin
Admin

BeitragThema: Re: Infos und Berichte rund um H50    Mi Mai 25, 2016 7:40 am

von Love » 9. Dez 2015 02:18
Daniel hat auf seinem Instagram Account ein kleines Video gepostet.

Here's to the guys who always make us #H50 #actors look good - my long time #stunt double @DannyTKim (yup, same name!) @Don_Thai, and our coordinator, @airjef. If I'm working with them and of course, @mrchristophersean, chances are it's a good day.

http://websta.me/p/1135415297701096848_173950298
Nach oben Nach unten
Gesponserte Inhalte

BeitragThema: Re: Infos und Berichte rund um H50    

Nach oben Nach unten

Infos und Berichte rund um H50
Seite 1 von 13Gehe zu Seite : 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Weiter